Within easy reach of Kilmore Quay
Outside of immediate local attractions around Kilmore Quay there are a huge number of diverse attractions all within an hour’s drive. Check out transport options
Here’s quick guide to some top attractions within easy reach of Kilmore Quay (Make sure to checkout www.visitwexford.ie for more ideas.)
- The Hook Lighthouse and Peninsula – the world’s oldest continuous lighthouse it’s been in operation since the 13th century. Don’t forget to check out Lofus Hall which is close by.
- For shopping and culture it’s hard to beat Wexford town. A busy nightlife with plenty of good restaurants and world class event theatre in the Wexford Opera House awaits you. Wexford Arts Centre is also a hive of cultural activity.
- The Irish National Heritage Park is one of the country’s top tourism sites with 35 acres of recreated history from ringforts, Viking houses and crannog’s. A lot of hand’s one activities are on site as well.
- Johnstown Castle and Irish Agricultural Museum are set within mature woodlands and lakes. A beautiful relaxing place to visit on any day.
- Dunbrody Famine Ship and Irish Emigration Experience is one of the most visited sites in the country. This replica 19th Century three-masted 176ft sailing ship has a great intrepretive centre alongside it.
- Saltees Islands – beautiful, stunning and teaming with wildlife
Train – Nearest Station Wexford (25km) www.irishrail.ie
Bike Hire – Contact the Harbour Office 053 9129955
Taxi – Coastal Cabs www.coastalcabswexford.com
Waterford Airport (75Km) www.flywaterford.com