- Berths – 60 (15 visitor)
- Fresh water – available at all berths- free
- Electricity – available at all berths- prepaid card €5
- Showers / Toilets – located in the harbour office – €1
- Slipway – 24hr access during all stages of the tide, buy your permit online by clicking on the link in the payment section on this page. (permits no longer available from Harbour Office)
- CCTV – 24hr monitoring
- Wi-Fi Broadband – free – contact harbour office for current login password
- Pump out station – located at bottom of main gangway
- Fuel – Filtered white diesel berth available, 24hrs self service, payment by credit \ debit card only.
- Repairs – local engineering firm Brian Kehoe – 0872135732
- Chandlery – Kehoe Marine 053 9129791 www.kehoemarine.ie
- Bike Hire – Contact Harbour Office or www.activebreaks.ie
- Sail Training – Dermot Greer 087 1713800 www.sailingireland.ie
- Waste Disposal – At rear of harbour office – general, recycles,galley, batteries. Please contact the Harbour (Wex & KQ) , Marina (New Ross) office for further information on Wexford County Councils Waste Management Plan. Please note, International Catering Waste (ICW) is disposed of separately, and you should contact the Harbour Office for further details on it’s disposal.
Passenger Pontoon & Diesel Self-Service 24/7.
A new passenger Pontoon has been installed to the South &West of the slipway, it also accommodates the Diesel fuel berth. This is self-service and is available 24 hours a day using a credit or debit card, follow the instructions provided at pump.
Waste Reception & Handling Plan
For information on Waste disposal at Kilmore Quay Harbour & Marina and other Piers & Harbours under the control of Wexford County Council including the port of New Ross, please consult the link below.
Wexford County Council’s Port Waste Reception & Handling Plan
The Harbour Office is located on the west pier with both stepped and ramped entrance for ease of access. The laydown area and car park are situated to the west of the office with 2 accessible parking bays also available.
Summer (June, July & August) 8am – 8pm / 7 days
May & September: weekdays 9am to 5pm, Saturday & Sunday by arrangement.
Winter 9am – 5pm / Mon – Fri
The on-duty Harbour Constable can be contacted on +353 87 900 1037, +353 87 357 0271 during the hours above.
Telephone : +353 53 9129955
Fax : +353 53 9129915
Email : email@example.com
Marina access is via mobile phone 087 1683152, contact the harbour office prior to arrival to preauthorise your phone for this free service. Please close the gate after you.
The safety features on the marina are based at strategic locations. Please take note of the Safety Plan on the sign at the marina gate. Lifejackets MUST be worn by all children under 16 years of age. Lifebuoys are strategically placed all around the harbour. Swimming is not permitted in the harbour. Punts / Tenders, etc. must not be left a/side vessels in the harbour. Cars must not be parked on double yellow lines in the harbour area. Waste oil and pump-out facilities are available, see Safety Plan. Refuse containers are strategically located in the harbour and marina area.
Slips in County Wexford
- Slipway permits costs €105 annually (January to January) or €25 daily for combined use at (Kilmore Quay, Wexford, Courtown & Cahore). Slip Permits are only available on-line at www.kilmorequaymarina.com www.wexfordharbour.com or www.newrossmarina.com click on the Slipway Permit link on the top right-hand side of webpage and follow instructions, Please purchase in advance to allow for the setup procedure.
- The fee covers the upkeep and maintenance of all the slips in Co Wexford.
- To get access the Wexford, Courtown & Cahore slipway barriers, Once a Slipway Permit is obtained your details will be entered on to the barrier systems, then when you then ring the relative barrier 087 7379689 for Wexford, 087 2526717 for Kilmore Quay, 085 241 8919 for Courtown & 087 945 0462 for Cahore (numbers are posted on signs at barrier locations) the barrier will open. No phone charges apply to use the system.
- Please note, that it can take up to 5 working days to process and grant access to a barrier. Therefore it is recommended to take out your Slipway permit well in advance.
- Please retain a copy of your Receipt on you mobile device.
For those using the Wexford slip check out our Nav App on the Home page. www.wexfordharbour.com
The out of office emergency contact number for the barriers at Wexford, Courtown & Cahore Slip is 087 2551864 this number is only to be used in an emergency where someone is locked inside the barrier.